Last updated: September 30th 2020
Your privacy is important to us. As a New Zealand-based company, we comply with the New Zealand Privacy Act 2020 (“Act“) when dealing with your personal information. Personal information is information about any identifiable individual (being a natural person). This policy does not limit or exclude any of your rights under the Act. You can find more information about the Act and your rights at www.privacy.org.nz.
Personal information we collect
We collect information which you directly provide to us (eg. your name, email address, or any other details you choose to provide) through our Website, Products or Services.
We also collect information automatically when you use our Website, including via cookies. This may include information that is automatically shared by your browser, including browser version, operating system, IP address and other unique device identifiers.
How we use the information we collect
We use the information that we collect to:
- enabling the Products and Services to function as intended, which may include updating, securing, and troubleshooting, as well as providing support
- enable you to use and navigate our Website
- respond to your inquiries
- if you opt in, to send you materials and updates about our business, Products, and Services
- analyse, improve and develop the functionality of our Website, Products and Services
- prevent, detect, or investigate security concerns, including fraud
- comply with applicable laws, regulations, and industry requirements, and
- fulfil any other purpose that you have requested or consented to
Disclosing your personal information
We do not sell your information. We only share the information that you provide:
- where we need to comply with applicable laws, regulations, or legal processes
- to prevent, detect, or investigate security concerns, including fraud
- if required, to fulfil one of the uses described above. This may include disclosure to a related company or trusted partner
Protecting your personal information
We will take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from loss, disclosure, or unauthorised use. If a privacy breach occurs, we will communicate with you and all relevant parties as soon as possible, and report all serious incidents to the Privacy Commissioner. We will take appropriate steps to minimise the harm of the incident.
Accessing and correcting your personal information
You are entitled to access any of your personal information that we hold (provided it is readily retrievable) and to request a correction to your personal information. You may also ask us to confirm whether we hold particular information. These rights may be subject to certain conditions or grounds for refusal, as set out in the Act.
If you want to exercise any of the above rights, please email us at email@example.com. You will need to confirm your identity and set out the details of your request (eg. the personal information you would like to access, or the correction you are requesting).
How long we keep your personal information
We will retain your personal information only for as long as is necessary (for the purposes for which it was collected) and as otherwise required by law.
- help make our Website work
- improve your experience when using our Website
- better understand how our Website is being used, and
- review and improve our Website over time
You can disable cookies by changing the settings on your browser, but this may impact the functionality of and your experience of our Website.
Links to other websites