Last updated: 30 November 2020
As a New Zealand-based company, we comply with the New Zealand Privacy Act (Act) when dealing with your information. This policy does not limit or exclude any of your rights under the Act. You can find more information about the Act and your rights at www.privacy.org.nz.
How we collect personal data
We only ask for your information where we actually need it. When you use our Services, we ask you to provide certain personally identifiable information (Personal Data) which we may use to identify and contact you. Examples of Personal Data we ask for when you use certain aspects of the Services (e.g. if you sign up to use our Preview Services) include your name, email address, and organisation. In situations where you can’t be identified (for example, because the information is aggregated and anonymised) then that is not Personal Data.
How we use the personal data we collect
We use the Personal Data that we collect when you use our Services to:
- provide, update and maintain the Services,
- secure, troubleshoot, and provide support,
- notify you about changes,
- respond to you if you make an inquiry,
- if you opt in, to send you materials and updates about our business,
- analyse, improve and develop the functionality of our Services,
- prevent, detect, or investigate security concerns, including fraud,
- comply with applicable laws, regulations, and industry requirements, and
- if not captured above, fulfil a purpose that you have expressly requested from us or consented to.
Disclosure of your personal data
We do not sell your personal data or share it without your consent. We will only disclose your Personal Data:
- if required to comply with applicable laws, regulations, or legal processes,
- to prevent, detect, or investigate security concerns, including fraud
- to the extent it is necessary, to partners that we engage to provide aspects of the Services.
Protecting your personal information
We will take reasonable steps to protect your Personal Data from loss, and unauthorised disclosure and use. If a privacy breach occurs, we will endeavour to communicate with you and all relevant parties as soon as possible, and report all serious incidents to the Privacy Commissioner. We will take appropriate steps to minimise the harm of the incident.
Accessing and correcting your personal information
You are entitled to access the Personal Data that we hold (provided it is readily retrievable) and to request a correction. You may also ask us to confirm whether we hold particular information. These rights may be subject to certain conditions or grounds for refusal, as set out in the Act.
If you want to exercise any of the above rights, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You will need to confirm your identity and set out the details of your request (eg. the Personal Data you would like to access, or the correction you are requesting).
How long we keep your personal information
We will retain your Personal Data only for as long as is necessary (for the purposes for which it was collected) and as otherwise required by law.
A cookie is a small text file that websites can ask your browser to store on your device to enhance the customer experience. We use a small number of cookies for the purpose of storing preferences. We do not use any cookies for the purposes of marketing.
You can disable cookies by changing the settings on your browser, which may impact your experience of our Website.
Preventing bots and spam
Security of Data
The security of your data is very important to us – but please remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Links to other websites